What’s the strategy?
The Growth and Income Balanced (GLC) portfolio strategy is a multi-asset class, multi-style, balanced portfolio designed to provide investment diversity through an actively managed portfolio of underlying funds.
The Global Multi-Asset Strategy team leverages the broad skill set of a multi-disciplinary team to make tactical and strategic moves within asset classes and regional exposures of the portfolio. The portfolio managers identify current risks and opportunities within each asset class, as well as macro trends in economic and market cycles to guide the longer term asset mix positioning.
The long-term target asset mix and asset mix ranges of the portfolio are:
- 60% equities (with an ability to move 7% over or under the target), and
- 40% fixed income securities (with an ability to move 7% over or under the target).
Each underlying component of this portfolio is actively managed by the experienced and proven investment professionals within GLC’s respective investment divisions, and the specific expertise of external managers is leveraged for the portfolio’s international exposure.
Why invest in this portfolio strategy?
The Growth and Income Balanced (GLC) portfolio strategy provides investors with broad exposure to equities around the world, with opportunistic shifting of styles and geographic exposure, along with a dynamic mix of bond holdings to dampen risk.
The unique composition of the portfolio and active management of the asset mix means the Growth and Income Balanced (GLC) portfolio can offer:
- The potential to add value through various market conditions and reduce volatility during times of market turbulence
- A combined asset class approach designed to provide long-term investors with capital appreciation, dividend and interest income opportunities
- Dedicated portfolio management and active security selection for each asset class component of the portfolio – drawing on GLC’s distinct investment teams to offer style diversification
- Risk management and multiple sources of added value through top-down asset class and style selection, and bottom-up security selection
- Investment-grade fixed income holdings
- Equity growth opportunity plus yield-oriented income focus
Benchmark sources: Copyright®, FTSE is a trade mark of FTSE International Ltd and is used under license. Standard & Poor’s® and S&P® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (“S&P”); and TSX® is a registered trademark of TSX. Copyright®, MSCI Inc.
This portfolio strategy is available as a mutual fund through our relationship with Quadrus Investment Services.
There is no guarantee that investment objectives, or risk or return targets discussed in this material will be achieved. No part of this material may be reproduced or redistributed in any form without express written permission of GLC Asset Management Group Ltd. The data provided is for information purposes only. This material is not intended to be read in isolation and may not provide a full explanation of all the topics that are presented and discussed. Information contained in this material has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but its accuracy is not guaranteed. Furthermore, there can be no assurance that any trends described in this material will continue or that forecasts will occur; economic and market conditions change frequently. This material should not be considered a recommendation or offer to purchase or sell any particular investment.